Saturday 12 January 2013

12/1/13

                                  

(Note: I have a lot of grammatical or spelling mistakes, so bear with it! =) )

My Martial arts teacher's teacher just came to Singapore a week ago and I was taught how to use move using sticks and knives in ways I never thought possible. The Filipino Kali system uses a lot of Triangular movements, oh yeah, do not mistake Kali for the indian god, Kali is a Filipino term which means "to Cut". I don't worship any God except Jesus Christ. Kali was created by the Filipinos when Conquistadors invaded them, this system practices a lot of drills and movements which are imminently transferable, meaning; The moves I use in sticks are the same as the ones I use with a sword or blade, same movement patterns but refined for each tool/weapon. I feel quite fulfilled when I am able to execute the moves well as I found out that I have low "body iq"/Kinematic awareness. I cannot catch or recognize movements unless I do shit loads of it! =)

My teacher's teacher is a man call Mark Edward Stewart, his 52 but moves like a 16 year old! Fast and deadly! All the moves he showed were deadly but so attractive to me! =) Making me a full blooded combat soldier! Kali is scary because they use a lot of techniques which amputates or slashes the arteries, completely putting the threat to oblivion. I know that in Singapore, it's quite hard for me to use them as there are not many threats where I come from, I won't destroy anyone's limb in Church...duh! HAHA!

Had a fruitful discussion with Sifu Mark, I'm glad I was able to clear some thoughts he had about Christianity, though not completely but some of the questions asked. I guess God is putting me in places where I hang out a lot with people in the fitness or combat industry, and I hope that I can bless them wherever I can. Oh and Sifu said something interesting! Sifu :"Elvis, you like Martial arts and you do Engineering, why don't you do Security systems, it's a lot of money in there." A church elder also shared about that a few months ago so it's like a Dejavu. I like business, engineering and martial arts, it seems God can use whatever knowledge I have to bless me and His people, so at the end of the day; I don't know what I am going to do in the future but I know I can have a prosperous future in Jesus!

After the Martial arts sessions I had with sifu, I went to watch a movie call "Young and Dangerous Reloaded", it's a remake of the 1996 version. In the Young and Dangerous series there are many scenes where Christians were involved, apparently there's Pastor whose daughter was one of the gangsters and he condoned to it.

I do not know why but it seems to me that Christians are displayed through the Media in 2 ways:
1) Party popper or 2) Worldly. They are either the people who are old fashioned and hypocritical or they are showed to be the same as the world, claiming to be godly but doing all the wrong things.

To me, Christians are supposed to be wise like Jesus! Having God's wisdom in settling matters and yet have Godly values. But, how difficult is that without His grace? Very!

I think somehow, we have lost the idea of how a Christian show be like. The only way to get it back is to read His word. By examining the life of Jesus Christ, we can know the expectations.

I will expound on that at a later time, I am going to sleep now! =)

Regards,
Elijah Wan.









No comments:

Post a Comment